There is no limit to the endless possibilities for making a grilled cheese sandwich with Italian cheeses.
You are going to love this one with gooey mozzarella, the fresh flavor of orange zest and the kick from the red chili flakes. But the king of this panino is our amazing black olive pâté!
– Luca Manfe
- In a bowl mix, together, black olive pate, orange zest and chili flakes.
- Layer mozzarella with black olive pate on 2 bread slices. Top with remaining slices.
- Butter outsides of each sandwich.
- Heat a large well-seasoned cast-iron skillet or a large, heavy nonstick pan over medium heat for a minute.
- Place sandwiches in skillet and cook until golden-brown underneath, 5 to 7 minutes. Flip and cook the other side until it’s just as toasty.
- Low and slow is the key. Cheese will probably ooze out, but that’s okay. It gives the sandwiches a nice, crunchy fringe.