Fire roasted Tomato Mozzarella & Basil Girasoli/Ravioli with Passata di Pomodoro.
Girasoli, the Italian word for sunflowers, lends its name to this round ravioli, which hails from the sunny Campania region of Italy on the Mediterranean Sea. Made with flavorful heirloom tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil, this pasta has a lovely al dente bite. We take special pride in our pasta, which is made with cage-free eggs and soft wheat flour and allows the flavors of the filling to shine.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- Season heavily with salt.
- Put in Girasoli/Ravioli and cook them for about 4/5 minutes.
- While the Girasoli/Ravioli are cooking, in a small pan on low heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and half bottle of Passata (12 oz). Remember we just want to heat up the sauce.
- When ready, transfer them directly into the frying pan to season them for a few moments.
- Pour the warm sauce over the Girasoli/Ravioli and coat evenly and drizzle with Evo on top
- Finally pour your Girasoli/Ravioli on 4 plates with Passata di pomodoro and delight your guests.