- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season heavily with salt.
- Cook the pasta for 11–12 minutes or until al dente. Always set a timer following the box instructions, but taste the pasta before straining to make sure you like the texture.
- In the meantime, In a sauce pot, on medium heat, add extra virgin olive oil and sliced onion. Sautee until its soft and translucent.
- Add jar of Passata and bring to a strong simmer for 15 minutes.
- When pasta is ‘al dente’, drain and add to sauce pan and coat evenly.
- Top with grated Parmigiano Reggiano and enjoy!